The capital will go toward expansion efforts, security and market infrastructure of the Hex Safe custodial platform.
Crypto custodian Hex Trust has secured $10 million in fresh funding to further the market infrastructure and security of its licensed custody platform, Hex Safe.
- Animoca Brands, a gaming and non-fungible token startup, led the round. Participation also came from the Algorand Foundation, BCW Group, Double Peak Group, Mind Fund, Ripple Labs, Tessera Capital Partners and Token Bay Capital.
- Firms that participated in Hex Trust’s $6 million Series A funding round in March also invested in the latest round, including Borderless Capital, Cell Rising Capital, Kenetic Capital, Mantra DAO, QBN Capital, and Radiant Tech Ventures.
- Hex Trust’s fresh funds will go toward furthering its market infrastructure and security frameworks underpinning its Hex Safe custody platform, the firm said in a press release Tuesday. The capital will also fund the company’s expansion in Singapore and Vietnam as well as establish a footprint in Europe and the Middle East.
- "As the leading custody provider in Asia, we are excited to support the Hex Trust team in this next phase of growth" said Tony Scuderi, CEO of Imperii Partners.
- Last month, the custodian secured a license to provide custodial services from the Monetary Authority of Singapore under the country’s Securities and Futures Act.
Read more: Animoca Completes Funding Round, Gets an Extra $50M From Coinbase, Samsung
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.